Vodafone UK advising iPhone 4S owners against iOS 6.1 update
If you're a Vodafone customer in the UK and own an iPhone 4S, you've probably received an SMS message from the carrier cautioning you against updating your device to iOS 6.1. If you somehow missed the alert, consider this your heads up.
Vodafone issued the SMS, which advises customers to "hold off for the next version while Apple fixes 3G performance issues," amidst reports of call dropouts and other network-related problems by iPhone 4S owners who've already updated. The wording of the alert suggests that Vodafone expects Apple to address the issues in iOS 6.1.1, the first beta of which just went out to developers this week.
If you've already updated to 6.1, well, hopefully we'll get word of when you can expect 6.1.1. to hit soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter