iPad with Bible app saves the day at firefighters swearing-in ceremony
In an interesting little twist to an otherwise standard swearing-in ceremony, an iPad with a Bible app came to the rescue of some firefighters. According to NBC 40, several Atlantic City-based firefighters were being promoted to the ranks of Battalion Chiefs and Fire Captains when officials presiding over the ceremony realized they had forgotten to bring a Bible.
Luckily someone had their iPad on hand and either had a Bible app already installed, or downloaded one after some quick thinking, and the swearing-in ceremony proceeded. There's no word on which Bible app was used, but Atlantic City now has five new Battalion Chiefs and three new Fire Captains.
[Photo credit: NBC 40]
In an interesting little twist to an otherwise standard swearing-in ceremony, an iPad with a Bible app came to the rescue of some...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs