iPad with Bible app saves the day at firefighters swearing-in ceremony
In an interesting little twist to an otherwise standard swearing-in ceremony, an iPad with a Bible app came to the rescue of some firefighters. According to NBC 40, several Atlantic City-based firefighters were being promoted to the ranks of Battalion Chiefs and Fire Captains when officials presiding over the ceremony realized they had forgotten to bring a Bible.
Luckily someone had their iPad on hand and either had a Bible app already installed, or downloaded one after some quick thinking, and the swearing-in ceremony proceeded. There's no word on which Bible app was used, but Atlantic City now has five new Battalion Chiefs and three new Fire Captains.
[Photo credit: NBC 40]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync