iPad with Bible app saves the day at firefighters swearing-in ceremony
In an interesting little twist to an otherwise standard swearing-in ceremony, an iPad with a Bible app came to the rescue of some firefighters. According to NBC 40, several Atlantic City-based firefighters were being promoted to the ranks of Battalion Chiefs and Fire Captains when officials presiding over the ceremony realized they had forgotten to bring a Bible.
Luckily someone had their iPad on hand and either had a Bible app already installed, or downloaded one after some quick thinking, and the swearing-in ceremony proceeded. There's no word on which Bible app was used, but Atlantic City now has five new Battalion Chiefs and three new Fire Captains.
[Photo credit: NBC 40]
In an interesting little twist to an otherwise standard swearing-in ceremony, an iPad with a Bible app came to the rescue of some...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time