iPhone users seeing battery life issues after upgrading to iOS 6.1
Some iPhone and iPad owners are reporting problems with battery life after installing the latest iOS 6.1 update, according to a Macworld UK report.
Apple's support forums are rife with reports of excessive power drain that has decreased battery life to as little as two to three hours for some customers. iPhone and iPad owners are troubleshooting the problem, and some have traced the issue back to Exchange calendar sync. Others report a full restore via iTunes has corrected the problem. Apple has not yet commented on the complaints.
This isn't the first controversy surrounding iOS 6.1. Last week, Vodafone UK told iPhone 4S owners to not install the iOS 6.1 update. The wireless carrier cited a performance problem with 3G and confirmed that Apple was working on the problem.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free