iPhone users seeing battery life issues after upgrading to iOS 6.1
Some iPhone and iPad owners are reporting problems with battery life after installing the latest iOS 6.1 update, according to a Macworld UK report.
Apple's support forums are rife with reports of excessive power drain that has decreased battery life to as little as two to three hours for some customers. iPhone and iPad owners are troubleshooting the problem, and some have traced the issue back to Exchange calendar sync. Others report a full restore via iTunes has corrected the problem. Apple has not yet commented on the complaints.
This isn't the first controversy surrounding iOS 6.1. Last week, Vodafone UK told iPhone 4S owners to not install the iOS 6.1 update. The wireless carrier cited a performance problem with 3G and confirmed that Apple was working on the problem.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs