Samsung: battle with Apple 'a loss' for innovation
Samsung Executive Vice President David Eun has told All Things D's Kara Swisher that the legal battles between his company and Apple have been "a loss" for innovation. He made the comments at the D: Dive Into Media conference on Monday. He did acknowledge that Samsung makes money off of every iPhone sold, but Eun wasn't legally able to expand on his thoughts about lawsuits between the two companies around the globe as most are ongoing. However, his views echo some tech pundit's views that legal battles over patents hurt innovation. Others, of course, say patents spur innovation as companies are forced to come up with new ways of doing things.
Interested readers can view the interview here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync