Samsung: battle with Apple 'a loss' for innovation
Samsung Executive Vice President David Eun has told All Things D's Kara Swisher that the legal battles between his company and Apple have been "a loss" for innovation. He made the comments at the D: Dive Into Media conference on Monday. He did acknowledge that Samsung makes money off of every iPhone sold, but Eun wasn't legally able to expand on his thoughts about lawsuits between the two companies around the globe as most are ongoing. However, his views echo some tech pundit's views that legal battles over patents hurt innovation. Others, of course, say patents spur innovation as companies are forced to come up with new ways of doing things.
Interested readers can view the interview here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update