Samsung: battle with Apple 'a loss' for innovation
Samsung Executive Vice President David Eun has told All Things D's Kara Swisher that the legal battles between his company and Apple have been "a loss" for innovation. He made the comments at the D: Dive Into Media conference on Monday. He did acknowledge that Samsung makes money off of every iPhone sold, but Eun wasn't legally able to expand on his thoughts about lawsuits between the two companies around the globe as most are ongoing. However, his views echo some tech pundit's views that legal battles over patents hurt innovation. Others, of course, say patents spur innovation as companies are forced to come up with new ways of doing things.
Interested readers can view the interview here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter