DevJuice: Kamcord offers in-game recording API
Kamcord is an iOS solution that enables your users to record and share game play from inside your app.
Available for both Cocos2D and Unity3D, developers can compile in the supporting framework (hosted at Github), register a developer key, and start shipping apps. Kamcord expand to Android later this year.
The framework automatically records video and audio, so users won't have to engage the feature manually. It offers standard social networking integration for sharing over Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and Email.
The API is free for the foreseeable future, according to the developers. They have raised a seed round of $1.5M from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Tencent, Marissa Mayer, and others.
Matt Zitzmann, co-founder of Kamcord, told TUAW, "We haven't publicly disclosed our business model or monetization plans. To give you a feel though, we plan to use the video content to help drive downloads to mobile games in the future. Many of the distribution channels on mobile today are not driving high quality users to games. We want to help change that."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration