Robert Bowling producing Breach and Clear, coming to iOS
Robert Bowling is the former "creative strategist" at Infinity Ward, the developer studio that original created the enormously popular Call of Duty series over on the major consoles. A little while ago, he left that company (after some turmoil between the founders and publisher Activision) to start up his own endeavor, called Robotoki, which is working on a game set to arrive on mobile platforms like iOS called Human Element. But apparently that's not all Bowling's up to: He's also working with a publisher named Gun on an upcoming iOS game called Breach and Clear.
We don't know a lot about this one yet, but it does look very impressive: It's a tactical, Special Operations shooter that's set to be free to play and feature a lot of customization and even real world gear. The game is set up a series of scenarios, where you'll be able to pick a loadout and team, and then go in and tactically take an opposing team of terrorists down. Sounds fun. Bowling is apparently producing this one, though it doesn't seem to be associated with his Robotoki studio.
At any rate, we shouldn't have long to wait for this one: Breach and Clear is due out sometime later on this spring. As soon as we get to see some gameplay (or an exact release date), we'll let you know.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app