Robert Bowling producing Breach and Clear, coming to iOS
Robert Bowling is the former "creative strategist" at Infinity Ward, the developer studio that original created the enormously popular Call of Duty series over on the major consoles. A little while ago, he left that company (after some turmoil between the founders and publisher Activision) to start up his own endeavor, called Robotoki, which is working on a game set to arrive on mobile platforms like iOS called Human Element. But apparently that's not all Bowling's up to: He's also working with a publisher named Gun on an upcoming iOS game called Breach and Clear.
We don't know a lot about this one yet, but it does look very impressive: It's a tactical, Special Operations shooter that's set to be free to play and feature a lot of customization and even real world gear. The game is set up a series of scenarios, where you'll be able to pick a loadout and team, and then go in and tactically take an opposing team of terrorists down. Sounds fun. Bowling is apparently producing this one, though it doesn't seem to be associated with his Robotoki studio.
At any rate, we shouldn't have long to wait for this one: Breach and Clear is due out sometime later on this spring. As soon as we get to see some gameplay (or an exact release date), we'll let you know.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs