Apple pays dividend to shareholders this Valentine's Day
Apple shareholders get an extra special Valentine's Day gift from Apple this week in the form of a dividend from the company, says a report in AppleInsider. This will be the third dividend paid to shareholders and will amount to US$2.65 per share. Shareholders will receive the payment on February 15.
Apple announced its dividend program last year and said it would distribute $45 billion to its shareholders over the next three years. This breaks down to $2.5 billion per quarter. Though Apple is paying out cash, the company is raking in cash at a faster rate. In its last quarter, Apple added $16 billion to its cash reserve, which now sits at a healthy $137.1 billion.
Apple shareholders get an extra special Valentine's Day gift from Apple this week in the form of a dividend from the company, says a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support