Kickstarter launches iPhone app
Back in the old days (before today), people had to launch a web browser to check out the latest crowd-funded projects being touted on Kickstarter. All of that changed today, as the company has released its free Kickstarter iPhone app.
The app pretty much lets users do what they can do from a web browser -- discover and fund projects -- but with a much better mobile UI. Now you can easily find that awesome comic project you heard about and add your monetary backing to the pool of funds, all from the screen of your iPhone while you're riding the subway.
For project creators, the app is going to be a godsend since it enables them to check the progress of the project and post updates from literally anywhere. The only negative I can see to this app is that it's going to make it much more difficult for me to hold onto my wallet when I see an innovative project that catches my attention.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time