New Zealand police department will distribute 10,000 iOS devices to officers
Businesses are not the only entities handing out iPhones and iPads to their employees. In New Zealand, police officers are also being outfitted with the iOS device en masse. According to a report in The National Business Review Online, government and police officials have announced a new program that would outfit 6,000 officers with iPhones and 3,900 officers with iPads. The iOS devices will operate on wireless carrier Vodafone, which has negotiated a 10-year deal with the government department.
NZ Police Chief Information Officer Stephen Crombie told NBR that the department chose iOS over Android based on police officer feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs