New Zealand police department will distribute 10,000 iOS devices to officers
Businesses are not the only entities handing out iPhones and iPads to their employees. In New Zealand, police officers are also being outfitted with the iOS device en masse. According to a report in The National Business Review Online, government and police officials have announced a new program that would outfit 6,000 officers with iPhones and 3,900 officers with iPads. The iOS devices will operate on wireless carrier Vodafone, which has negotiated a 10-year deal with the government department.
NZ Police Chief Information Officer Stephen Crombie told NBR that the department chose iOS over Android based on police officer feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows