New Zealand police department will distribute 10,000 iOS devices to officers
Businesses are not the only entities handing out iPhones and iPads to their employees. In New Zealand, police officers are also being outfitted with the iOS device en masse. According to a report in The National Business Review Online, government and police officials have announced a new program that would outfit 6,000 officers with iPhones and 3,900 officers with iPads. The iOS devices will operate on wireless carrier Vodafone, which has negotiated a 10-year deal with the government department.
NZ Police Chief Information Officer Stephen Crombie told NBR that the department chose iOS over Android based on police officer feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)