China becomes the world's top smart-device market
China is one of the fastest-growing markets for smartphones in the world, and here's some data that further reinforces that trend. According to mobile marketing firm Flurry, China has now overtaken the US to become the top smart-device market in the entire world.
The country been moving up on the US, which has almost reached a population limit in terms of customers with smartphone and tablets. Last month, the two regions were matched up, and this month China has surpassed the US total, with no sign of slowing down. Flurry says that given that the population of China is so much larger than the US, odds are that country will be the main market for smart devices for a long time.
It's also important to note that these figures include all smartphone devices, which means both iOS and Android. But Apple's clearly known this day was coming for a while, given all the work the company from Cupertino has been putting into building up its market overseas. Apple's goal will be to take advantage of this new top market as best it can.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update