MLB.com At Bat ready to play ball for 2013 season
Although snow is still covering the ground in much of the US and Canada, Major League Baseball is beginning to heat things up with the start of Spring Training games today. Just yesterday, MLB released version 6.0.0 of the MLB.com At Bat iOS application, with a host of new features and more planned in time for Opening Day.
Per the release notes for At Bat, those new features include:
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat 13 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad)
- Re-designed individual team pages (iPhone)
- Updated news section interface (iPhone)
- Classic games library (iPhone and iPad)
- Re-architected navigation (iPhone and iPad)
- Additional push notification options (iPhone)
There are a number of subscription options available. MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 13 for free, there's a one-time annual fee of US$19.99, or you can subscribe by the month for a $2.99 recurring fee.
However, that subscription only supplies you with home-and-away audio coverage. To watch live video (except for the local team's home coverage), you can pay a $129.99 annual fee or pay $24.99 monthly.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free