SeatGuru update brings new design, user photos to frequent fliers
TripAdvisor has released version 2.0 of its free SeatGuru iPhone app today, featuring a new design and user-submitted photos of aircraft interiors.
The seat maps are now more realistically rendered so that users have a better idea of what their aircraft seat layout is like and what features -- restrooms, galleys and the like -- are nearby. As before, some seats are labeled in red, yellow and green to indicate how relatively bad or good they are. With a tap, information about the amenities at each seat appears.
One of the nicest new features of SeatGuru 2.0 is the availability of photos of individual seats and aircraft cabins. Users can submit their own photos to highlight their reviews. At this time, it doesn't appear that there are many photos to view, but that should change as more SeatGuru users begin to snap images of the seat they're enjoying ... or hating.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update