SeatGuru update brings new design, user photos to frequent fliers
TripAdvisor has released version 2.0 of its free SeatGuru iPhone app today, featuring a new design and user-submitted photos of aircraft interiors.
The seat maps are now more realistically rendered so that users have a better idea of what their aircraft seat layout is like and what features -- restrooms, galleys and the like -- are nearby. As before, some seats are labeled in red, yellow and green to indicate how relatively bad or good they are. With a tap, information about the amenities at each seat appears.
One of the nicest new features of SeatGuru 2.0 is the availability of photos of individual seats and aircraft cabins. Users can submit their own photos to highlight their reviews. At this time, it doesn't appear that there are many photos to view, but that should change as more SeatGuru users begin to snap images of the seat they're enjoying ... or hating.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client