Apple, Samsung case in Australia warrants two-judge system
Samsung and Apple have been battling in the Australian court system for almost two years. According to a report in Financial Review, the infringement claims have gotten so complicated that the court system has taken a radical move to simplify the hearings.
For the first time in Federal Court history, two judges will be present in court to hear each side's arguments. The idea was introduced by Justice Annabelle Bennett, who has been involved in the court cases since the beginning. Joining her in court will be Justice David Yates. The pair will have to examine 19 patent infringement claims by Apple and several from Samsung.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter