Daily iPhone App: SeatGeek is your mobile ticketing agent for concerts and sporting events
Sports fans and concert goers looking for tickets to that upcoming event can search and purchase tickets using their iPhone. The app that makes this find and buy so easy is SeatGeek, an iOS ticketing app that pulls ticket listings from 120 resellers. Included in this list are big names like eBay and Ticket Exchange as well as local and regional resellers.
One feature that sets SeatGeek apart is its stadium maps that show you the location of tickets before you buy them. Event goers know that location is everything when it comes seating, so being able to find the seat row and get a 3D view from the seat is a great feature. The venue maps not only show the seating charts, they also show the available discounts on those seats. SeatGeek uses a scoring system to rate the price of each seat and will let you know whether you are getting a good deal or spending too much.
When you find a deal that you want, SeatGeek will bring you to the reseller that is offering the tickets. The transaction is completed through the reseller and SeatGeek is not part of that process.
SeatGeek is available for free from the iOS App Store. There are not hidden fees as SeatGeek doesn't charge for helping you find the perfect seat for that upcoming concert or sporting event.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter