Latest iOS 6.1.3 beta breaks the evasi0n jailbreak
It took a while, but it looks like Apple is finally cracking down on the untethered evasi0n jailbreak with some bug fixes set for inclusion in iOS 6.1.3. Forbes is reporting that David Wang, one of the jailbreak's developers, has tested iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 and found that it fixes one of five bugs exploited by evasi0n, breaking it in the process.
Wang believes that it may take Apple a month to release iOS 6.1.3 publicly, and says that evad3rs -- the group behind evasi0n -- has uncovered some additional exploits that may allow them to create a new jailbreak that will work on 6.1.3 and subsequent iOS releases. In the meantime, the more than 7 million users who've installed evasi0n since it launched earlier this month will need to put off updating to 6.1.3 when it hits if they want to stay jailbroken.
It took a while, but it looks like Apple is finally cracking down on the untethered evasi0n jailbreak with some bug fixes set for...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client