Latest iOS 6.1.3 beta breaks the evasi0n jailbreak
It took a while, but it looks like Apple is finally cracking down on the untethered evasi0n jailbreak with some bug fixes set for inclusion in iOS 6.1.3. Forbes is reporting that David Wang, one of the jailbreak's developers, has tested iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 and found that it fixes one of five bugs exploited by evasi0n, breaking it in the process.
Wang believes that it may take Apple a month to release iOS 6.1.3 publicly, and says that evad3rs -- the group behind evasi0n -- has uncovered some additional exploits that may allow them to create a new jailbreak that will work on 6.1.3 and subsequent iOS releases. In the meantime, the more than 7 million users who've installed evasi0n since it launched earlier this month will need to put off updating to 6.1.3 when it hits if they want to stay jailbroken.
It took a while, but it looks like Apple is finally cracking down on the untethered evasi0n jailbreak with some bug fixes set for...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station