Shazam passes 300 million users, new iOS version coming soon
Shazam announced today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain that its media-engagement app now has over 300 million users worldwide. The big news, however, wasn't just about how many users the app has snagged, but that a significant update to the app is forthcoming in the next few weeks.
The new update will include a home screen showing what TV shows and music people are tagging, a mapping feature that shows what the most popular music is by country, state, city and town, improved tagging that can identify a show or song in as little as one second, and more sharing features.
Shazam notes that the company has seen triple-digit growth in downloads of the iPad app, primarily for use as a second screen while watching TV. The next version of Shazam for iOS will be universal, and will include the interactive mapping feature on the smaller screens of the iPhone and iPod touch as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter