Shazam passes 300 million users, new iOS version coming soon
Shazam announced today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain that its media-engagement app now has over 300 million users worldwide. The big news, however, wasn't just about how many users the app has snagged, but that a significant update to the app is forthcoming in the next few weeks.
The new update will include a home screen showing what TV shows and music people are tagging, a mapping feature that shows what the most popular music is by country, state, city and town, improved tagging that can identify a show or song in as little as one second, and more sharing features.
Shazam notes that the company has seen triple-digit growth in downloads of the iPad app, primarily for use as a second screen while watching TV. The next version of Shazam for iOS will be universal, and will include the interactive mapping feature on the smaller screens of the iPhone and iPod touch as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle