Shazam passes 300 million users, new iOS version coming soon
Shazam announced today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain that its media-engagement app now has over 300 million users worldwide. The big news, however, wasn't just about how many users the app has snagged, but that a significant update to the app is forthcoming in the next few weeks.
The new update will include a home screen showing what TV shows and music people are tagging, a mapping feature that shows what the most popular music is by country, state, city and town, improved tagging that can identify a show or song in as little as one second, and more sharing features.
Shazam notes that the company has seen triple-digit growth in downloads of the iPad app, primarily for use as a second screen while watching TV. The next version of Shazam for iOS will be universal, and will include the interactive mapping feature on the smaller screens of the iPhone and iPod touch as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync