HTC Sync Manager can pull data from iPhone backup files
CNET Asia is reporting that HTC confirmed it will launch the HTC Sync Manager desktop application next month, which be able to access an iPhone's backup files, extract its data and import it into an HTC One. The idea is to let those switching from an iPhone to an HTC One easily transfer photos, videos, calendar entries and text messages.
As CNET points out, the text message feature is key, because there's currently no easy way to transfer archived text messages between devices.
Your guess is as good as anyone's as to how long this upcoming HTC Sync Manager will be allowed to work, as it's perfectly reasonable to assume Apple will try to find a way to block it, much like they blocked the Palm Pre from syncing with iTunes. The company also went back and forth with several MP3 player manufacturers back when the iPod was young.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)