MLB expands Passbook to 13 ballparks this season
Major League Baseball announced in New York City on Tuesday night that nine more ballparks will support Apple's Passbook ticketing system this season, according to GigaOm.
The ballparks include the homes of the Minnesota Twins, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A's, Pittsburgh Pirates, Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs. They join the New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals, all which began accepting Passbook tickets last fall.
MLB says that three additional parks will announce Passbook support this season, but they're not ready to do so just yet. MLB noted that Apple's Passbook app was the delivery method of choice for 12 percent of e-tickets purchased last season.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync