MLB expands Passbook to 13 ballparks this season
Major League Baseball announced in New York City on Tuesday night that nine more ballparks will support Apple's Passbook ticketing system this season, according to GigaOm.
The ballparks include the homes of the Minnesota Twins, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A's, Pittsburgh Pirates, Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs. They join the New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals, all which began accepting Passbook tickets last fall.
MLB says that three additional parks will announce Passbook support this season, but they're not ready to do so just yet. MLB noted that Apple's Passbook app was the delivery method of choice for 12 percent of e-tickets purchased last season.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)