Tallahassee, Fla., is a bad place to be an iPhone owner
The folks at gizmo trade-in site Gazelle see a lot of broken iPhones, and fortunately for those in the blogging biz, they keep a lot of statistics on where those phones come from and what kind of damage they see. Gazelle published a Top 10 Klutziest Cities list based on the percentage of broken or damaged iPhones received, and this year's winner was Tallahassee, Fla. A whopping 21.29 percent of all of the iPhones traded in by people from that city had some sort of damage.
With the exception of Bakersfield, Calif. -- which was number three on the list with 20.63 percent damage rate for trade-ins -- the vast majority of klutzes appeared to be in the US South (six of the top 10!) or clustered around New York City. The Bronx and Staten Island were both in the top 10, which makes me wonder if a lot of iPhones received water damage during Hurricane Sandy last year.
If you've recently fumbled your iPhone and destroyed it, Gazelle's also giving you a chance to win a new phone of your choosing with their "Broken Phone Stories" contest on Facebook.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync