Koozoo lets you watch and send live pictures
The free Koozoo app is based on an intriguing idea. It lets you shoot video with your iPhone and share it live with other users. You could conceivably use it to monitor the view of a city, check the line at a favorite restaurant and so on. The catch is that only San Francisco, Calif., and Austin, Texas are supported so far.
Once you've created a free account, you're ready to browse the online streams. You can look for active cameras or just watch snippets that have been uploaded. You'll find categories for traffic, parking, food, neighborhoods, etc.
The developers suggest you use your iPhone to grab some quick shots when you can, or place an old iPhone on a WiFi network in a window for use as a live webcam.
There is a kernel of a good idea here, and when the app spreads to other cities, which the developers say will happen quickly, it will be interesting and potentially helpful.
Koozoo requires iOS 5 or later and is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements