Koozoo lets you watch and send live pictures
The free Koozoo app is based on an intriguing idea. It lets you shoot video with your iPhone and share it live with other users. You could conceivably use it to monitor the view of a city, check the line at a favorite restaurant and so on. The catch is that only San Francisco, Calif., and Austin, Texas are supported so far.
Once you've created a free account, you're ready to browse the online streams. You can look for active cameras or just watch snippets that have been uploaded. You'll find categories for traffic, parking, food, neighborhoods, etc.
The developers suggest you use your iPhone to grab some quick shots when you can, or place an old iPhone on a WiFi network in a window for use as a live webcam.
There is a kernel of a good idea here, and when the app spreads to other cities, which the developers say will happen quickly, it will be interesting and potentially helpful.
Koozoo requires iOS 5 or later and is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter