Online invoicing service WePay releases iPhone app
WePay is an online payments startup with a different mission -- allowing small businesses to send invoices and collect payments. The company has announced the availability of a free iOS app to give WePay customers the ability to invoice clients and charge their credit cards from virtually anywhere.
WePay is different from other payment services such as Square and PayPal in that there's no card swiping involved -- credit card numbers are entered manually. WePay was previously targeted more at online collection and management of payments, with support for e-commerce, custom invoicing, donations and event registration and ticketing.
With the new app, the company is hoping to attract businesses like contractors and designers who want to create and send professional invoices while on-site, and then accept credit card payment immediately from clients.
The company charges 2.9 percent on-site + US$0.30 per transaction, and customers can accept all major credit cards.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter