Online invoicing service WePay releases iPhone app
WePay is an online payments startup with a different mission -- allowing small businesses to send invoices and collect payments. The company has announced the availability of a free iOS app to give WePay customers the ability to invoice clients and charge their credit cards from virtually anywhere.
WePay is different from other payment services such as Square and PayPal in that there's no card swiping involved -- credit card numbers are entered manually. WePay was previously targeted more at online collection and management of payments, with support for e-commerce, custom invoicing, donations and event registration and ticketing.
With the new app, the company is hoping to attract businesses like contractors and designers who want to create and send professional invoices while on-site, and then accept credit card payment immediately from clients.
The company charges 2.9 percent on-site + US$0.30 per transaction, and customers can accept all major credit cards.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs