China Mobile preps for iPhone with TD-LTE service
The wait for an iPhone may finally be over this year for customers on the China Mobile TD-LTE network, reports Patently Apple.
China Mobile confirmed at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week that it will be running tests of its TD-LTE network in more than 100 cities in China, which will provide fast data service to a potential customer base of more than 500 million people.
The news follows reports that Apple supplier Qualcomm is producing a new solution that supports all available LTE implementations and that would allow phone manufacturers to provide a single mobile device that would provide global LTE roaming support. If Apple chooses to use this solution -- which also provides more efficient use of battery power -- in an upcoming iPhone, it could open the door to even more dynamic growth in sales of Apple's flagship product.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync