China Mobile preps for iPhone with TD-LTE service
The wait for an iPhone may finally be over this year for customers on the China Mobile TD-LTE network, reports Patently Apple.
China Mobile confirmed at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week that it will be running tests of its TD-LTE network in more than 100 cities in China, which will provide fast data service to a potential customer base of more than 500 million people.
The news follows reports that Apple supplier Qualcomm is producing a new solution that supports all available LTE implementations and that would allow phone manufacturers to provide a single mobile device that would provide global LTE roaming support. If Apple chooses to use this solution -- which also provides more efficient use of battery power -- in an upcoming iPhone, it could open the door to even more dynamic growth in sales of Apple's flagship product.
The wait for an iPhone may finally be over this year for customers on the China Mobile TD-LTE network, reports Patently Apple. China...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client