China Mobile preps for iPhone with TD-LTE service
The wait for an iPhone may finally be over this year for customers on the China Mobile TD-LTE network, reports Patently Apple.
China Mobile confirmed at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week that it will be running tests of its TD-LTE network in more than 100 cities in China, which will provide fast data service to a potential customer base of more than 500 million people.
The news follows reports that Apple supplier Qualcomm is producing a new solution that supports all available LTE implementations and that would allow phone manufacturers to provide a single mobile device that would provide global LTE roaming support. If Apple chooses to use this solution -- which also provides more efficient use of battery power -- in an upcoming iPhone, it could open the door to even more dynamic growth in sales of Apple's flagship product.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration