Andy Ihnatko switches to Android
Andy Ihnatko kicked off a multi-part series for TechHive that talks about why he has switched from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S III. It wasn't a trivial move as he gave up an unlimited data plan, grandfathered from his first-generation iPhone purchase, in order to switch.
In the first part of the series, Ihnatko details some of the killer features that drove him to switch, but it comes down to this:
I made a slow, cautious and careful examination of what I want and need from my phone, and at the end of this mobile warrior's pilgrimage, I couldn't escape the conclusion that the best phone for me is no longer an iPhone.
Ihnatko will spend the next few posts discussing several features that he likes in Android. The series will end with a post summarizing why he feels Apple hasn't lost its way, even if it temporarily has lost a high-profile advocate.
You can read the first post in the series on TechHive's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync