Andy Ihnatko switches to Android
Andy Ihnatko kicked off a multi-part series for TechHive that talks about why he has switched from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S III. It wasn't a trivial move as he gave up an unlimited data plan, grandfathered from his first-generation iPhone purchase, in order to switch.
In the first part of the series, Ihnatko details some of the killer features that drove him to switch, but it comes down to this:
I made a slow, cautious and careful examination of what I want and need from my phone, and at the end of this mobile warrior's pilgrimage, I couldn't escape the conclusion that the best phone for me is no longer an iPhone.
Ihnatko will spend the next few posts discussing several features that he likes in Android. The series will end with a post summarizing why he feels Apple hasn't lost its way, even if it temporarily has lost a high-profile advocate.
You can read the first post in the series on TechHive's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options