App maker Toca Boca acquires Zinc Roe
Swedish children's toy and game developer Toca Boca announced today that it is acquiring Zinc Roe, a Toronto-based design studio that creates websites, apps and games for children. The acquisition targeted Zinc Roe's talented development team and its popular Tickle Tap series. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
According to the press release, Zinc Roe will continue to operate out of its Toronto offices as Sago Sago Studios. The Tickle Tap apps will be refreshed under the guidance of Toco Boca, though they will not be rebranded under the Toca Boca name. Zinc Roe will also work on a new line of apps for older kids using the Sago Sago brand.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app