App maker Toca Boca acquires Zinc Roe
Swedish children's toy and game developer Toca Boca announced today that it is acquiring Zinc Roe, a Toronto-based design studio that creates websites, apps and games for children. The acquisition targeted Zinc Roe's talented development team and its popular Tickle Tap series. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
According to the press release, Zinc Roe will continue to operate out of its Toronto offices as Sago Sago Studios. The Tickle Tap apps will be refreshed under the guidance of Toco Boca, though they will not be rebranded under the Toca Boca name. Zinc Roe will also work on a new line of apps for older kids using the Sago Sago brand.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service