App maker Toca Boca acquires Zinc Roe
Swedish children's toy and game developer Toca Boca announced today that it is acquiring Zinc Roe, a Toronto-based design studio that creates websites, apps and games for children. The acquisition targeted Zinc Roe's talented development team and its popular Tickle Tap series. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
According to the press release, Zinc Roe will continue to operate out of its Toronto offices as Sago Sago Studios. The Tickle Tap apps will be refreshed under the guidance of Toco Boca, though they will not be rebranded under the Toca Boca name. Zinc Roe will also work on a new line of apps for older kids using the Sago Sago brand.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more "cool" stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support