TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Reboot edition
Well, after last week's technical issues with the show, I believe that everything will work perfectly today. Why? Well, based on Doc Rock's input, I have a new WiFi router that should handle the streaming traffic with no problem. I have changed the settings for the upload to reduce the bandwidth requirements a bit. And most importantly, Bionic Barb is not working from home this week and clogging our precious bandwidth with VPN traffic.
My good buddy Randy Nelson won't be able to join me this week, so if he's the "bad luck Brian" who has been causing my Ustream woes, that should be another check mark in the plus column. (Just kidding, Randy, I love having you on the show!)
As usual, I'll be starting the show at 5 PM EST (2 PM PST / 10 PM GMT) sharp, and we'll take a few minutes to chat before the demos start. To join in on the chat and watch the live streaming video, drop by TUAW about five minutes before the start time to get your instructions on how to participate. If you're unable to join us for the show, remember that you can always subscribe to the video podcast and watch the show at your leisure in iTunes or any other favorite podcatching app. The past shows are also available on the TUAW YouTube channel.
The chat is on IRC: join us on server chat1.ustream.tv, chat room #tuaw-tv.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype