Astronaut Chris Hadfield's iPad in space
Just ask Canadian Space Agency astronaut Chris Hadfield, and he will tell you that the iPad is just as useful in space as it is at home. Hadfield is currently on the International Space Station and putting his iPad to good use.
As shown by Hadfield in a recent tweet, his iPad is a teleprompter tool that he uses along with a camera to film reports for those of us on terra firma. According to the Canadian Space Agency, Hadfield uses his iPad for entertainment and has filled it with thousands of songs. His favorite track? "Take it From Day to Day" by Canadian folk singer Stan Rogers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options