Double Fine music game, Dungelot 2 and 7th Guest 3 all coming soon to iOS
There was big news this week of three different high-profile games coming to the App Store soon. First up, Tim Schafer's great Double Fine studio is working on a music game called Dropchord, which will be available for Windows, Mac and iOS at launch. The game is set to work with the Leap Motion Controller, which tracks your hand movement in the air above it, and then turns those movements into gestures on a screen. No idea if that means Leap will plug into iOS devices (perhaps via Bluetooth?), but we'll know soon: The game is set for a reveal at SXSW later on next week.
Second, the excellent puzzle-esque roguelike Dungelot is getting a sequel called (duh) Dungelot 2, and it features some updated graphics, a few new tiles and lots of other tweaks and improvements. You can see screenshots of this one above, and it looks solid. Developer Red Winter is hoping to have the game done by May.
And finally, The 7th Guest 3 is currently in development, according to Trilobyte co-founder Charlie McHenry. Just like The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour, the game will feature lots of original puzzles that tie into a mysterious backstory set in a giant, creepy mansion. It sounds like the game should be lots of fun for fans of the series, and it's set to be done in about a year, with the help of a Kickstarter campaign coming soon. So that's a longer wait than the others, but we'll definitely keep an eye out for all three of these.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync