Harlem Shake open-sourced for iOS apps
The Harlem Shake YouTube dance meme, if you ask me, ended about three weeks ago -- which I think was right around when it started. But that hasn't stopped the developers at Velos Mobile from creating an open-source Objective-C class for iOS projects that will take all of an app's standard UIViews, and shake them up, Harlem-style. Even if you're not a developer, you can see the effects of the code below. As old and tired as these meme is, it's still pretty funny to see the standard iOS controls get down to the dubstep.
As Velos Mobile says, "Please don't ship this." Developers can add it in their own code, and we may even see some apps make videos with it, but it's a pretty much just a silly hack rather than an actual feature. Still, it's good for a laugh or two on this Friday afternoon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration