Launch Center Pro 1.1 adds native in-app actions, Action Composer, more
AppCubby has released Launch Center Pro 1.1 (US$2.99, currently on sale), a major update to its very useful utility for the iPhone (here's our full review of Launch Center Pro 1.0). This update brings many big additions, including native in-app actions, a re-designed Action Composer and TextExpander support in URLs.
The new Action Composer is beautiful and so much more intuitive than its predecessor. When you're making a new action, a new screen appears listing system actions, installed apps, all supported apps, featured apps and those recently added. There's also a button for using a custom URL. It's very neatly organized and presented, which makes it easier to use.
That's great, but support for TextExpander snippets is even better. If you've got TextExpander touch installed (and why wouldn't you?), launch it and enable snippet sharing. Now you can use snippets within Launch Center Pro, which is immensely handy.
There's more, of course, and we'll have a full review up soon. For now, Launch Center Pro 1.1 is a great updated to one of my favorite utilities. Stay tuned for my full run-down of this useful app.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter