Skype 4.6 for iPhone, iPad improves calling experience and more
Skype for iOS has been updated to version 4.6, with improvements to the experience of making and receiving Skype calls as well as numerous bug fixes.
There's been a complete overhaul to the UI when making and receiving calls. On first impressions, I wouldn't say it's any easier to use than the previous version, but it's a cleaner look that has an air of freshness to it!
According to Skype's blog, other major improvements include one-to-one chats appearing in the correct order and the ability to select messages as read in a few taps. Additionally, there have been bug fixes to Voice Over, conversations, file-transfer and account editing.
The update arrived yesterday. If you haven't already done so, Skype recommends all users update as soon as possible. It'll be waiting for you in the Updates section of the iOS App Store.
Skype is a free app that lets you make and receive voice and video calls over the internet.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter