Skype 4.6 for iPhone, iPad improves calling experience and more
Skype for iOS has been updated to version 4.6, with improvements to the experience of making and receiving Skype calls as well as numerous bug fixes.
There's been a complete overhaul to the UI when making and receiving calls. On first impressions, I wouldn't say it's any easier to use than the previous version, but it's a cleaner look that has an air of freshness to it!
According to Skype's blog, other major improvements include one-to-one chats appearing in the correct order and the ability to select messages as read in a few taps. Additionally, there have been bug fixes to Voice Over, conversations, file-transfer and account editing.
The update arrived yesterday. If you haven't already done so, Skype recommends all users update as soon as possible. It'll be waiting for you in the Updates section of the iOS App Store.
Skype is a free app that lets you make and receive voice and video calls over the internet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free