Adobe to end sale of boxed Creative Suite software
It's no surprise that Adobe plans to end sales of boxed sets of Creative Suite and Acrobat software. TechHive confirmed the move with Adobe after several resellers reported a cutoff date of May 1 for purchasing a boxed set of Adobe Creative Suite.
With Adobe placing more focus on its Creative Cloud subscription service and more laptops losing their optical drives, the company is placing the dollars set aside for producing shrink-wrapped boxes of software elsewhere. And it makes sense. Only one boxed Adobe product, Acrobat, is in the top 10 of current best sellers at the online Apple store. Boxed versions of Photoshop Elements and Lightroom are among top sellers at Amazon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support