Adobe to end sale of boxed Creative Suite software
It's no surprise that Adobe plans to end sales of boxed sets of Creative Suite and Acrobat software. TechHive confirmed the move with Adobe after several resellers reported a cutoff date of May 1 for purchasing a boxed set of Adobe Creative Suite.
With Adobe placing more focus on its Creative Cloud subscription service and more laptops losing their optical drives, the company is placing the dollars set aside for producing shrink-wrapped boxes of software elsewhere. And it makes sense. Only one boxed Adobe product, Acrobat, is in the top 10 of current best sellers at the online Apple store. Boxed versions of Photoshop Elements and Lightroom are among top sellers at Amazon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements