Pro photographers use smartphones as cameras, share results
TechHive convinced three professional photographers to give up their DSLRs and sent them off into the wilderness with smartphones: one armed with an iPhone 5, the second with a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8 and the third with the HTC EVO 4G LTE running Android.
Anne Hamersky was the photographer with the iPhone 5. She used Photo Grid to create collages and did her processing work in Snapseed. Hamersky was impressed with how close the iPhone could focus and the quality of the macro images.
The thing I really liked about Hamersky's part of the article that neither of the other photographers did is that she detailed the settings in Snapseed that she used to process each set of photos. It not only shows off just how good of a camera the iPhone 5 has, but it's a great learning tool if you're just getting familiar with Snapseed or photo toning in general.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app