Pro photographers use smartphones as cameras, share results
TechHive convinced three professional photographers to give up their DSLRs and sent them off into the wilderness with smartphones: one armed with an iPhone 5, the second with a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8 and the third with the HTC EVO 4G LTE running Android.
Anne Hamersky was the photographer with the iPhone 5. She used Photo Grid to create collages and did her processing work in Snapseed. Hamersky was impressed with how close the iPhone could focus and the quality of the macro images.
The thing I really liked about Hamersky's part of the article that neither of the other photographers did is that she detailed the settings in Snapseed that she used to process each set of photos. It not only shows off just how good of a camera the iPhone 5 has, but it's a great learning tool if you're just getting familiar with Snapseed or photo toning in general.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free