Simple Bracket for iPhone is ready for March Madness
Simple Bracket US$0.99) is the Kickstarter-funded iPhone app from Dan Provost and Tom Gerhardt. It's an app for tracking the action of March Madness, when the US NCAA Men's Division I basketball championship is decided.
Provost and Gerhardt strayed from the traditional bracket-style tournament display and implemented something new with Simple Bracket. Instead of presenting a single bracket view, which is hard to read on the iPhone's small screen, their design compresses the list as you swipe while play advances. This way, you always have a nice, clear view.
The app also features what the developers call "the most statistically sound way to score a bracket."
Those interested in slick apps and NCAA men's basketball can pick up Simple Bracket from the App Store now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options