John Browett comments on his time at Apple
John Browett worked briefly as Apple's head-of-retail, and recently shared some of his experiences at the Retail Week Live conference. Among other things, Browett confessed that he "just didn't fit" at Apple, while praising the company itself:
"Apple is a truly fantastic business. The people are great; they've got great products; it's got a great culture and I loved working there; it's a fantastic business. The issue there was that I just didn't fit within the way they run the business. It was one of those things where you're rejected for fit rather than competency."
Browett made waves at Apple after attempting to make retail staffing cuts. When that move became public, Browett rescinded and addressed Apple retail employees.
Browett was eventually let go in the same swoop that also saw Scott Forstall's departure. The Retail Week interview is interesting, as it provides insight into Browett's brief experience.
Browett speaks a bit about his time at Apple
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements