John Browett comments on his time at Apple
John Browett worked briefly as Apple's head-of-retail, and recently shared some of his experiences at the Retail Week Live conference. Among other things, Browett confessed that he "just didn't fit" at Apple, while praising the company itself:
"Apple is a truly fantastic business. The people are great; they've got great products; it's got a great culture and I loved working there; it's a fantastic business. The issue there was that I just didn't fit within the way they run the business. It was one of those things where you're rejected for fit rather than competency."
Browett made waves at Apple after attempting to make retail staffing cuts. When that move became public, Browett rescinded and addressed Apple retail employees.
Browett was eventually let go in the same swoop that also saw Scott Forstall's departure. The Retail Week interview is interesting, as it provides insight into Browett's brief experience.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter