NimbleBit's Nimble Quest coming to iOS and Mac March 28
NimbleBit has announced that its latest game, Nimble Quest, is due March 28, right in the middle of next week's Game Developers' Conference in San Francisco. I've been playing the game for a few weeks, and it's great. It's definitely more arcade-y than NimbleBit's other games (including Pocket Planes and Tiny Tower), but it's a lot of fun, and there's no shortage of heroes to unlock and high scores to earn as you play through the Snake-based RPG dungeons.
The game is coming to iOS and to the Mac next week, which I believe is a first for NimbleBit. The team has released its games on both platforms before, but not at the same time. This is probably a result of the team using Unity to build this one. The Marsh brothers used developer Matt Rix's Futile framework in the Unity engine to make Nimble Quest, and it likely made bringing the title over to OS X easier.
Finally, the game will also include Everyplay integration, which is a video-sharing service designed to record and share videos from iOS games. Nimble Quest is hardly the first title with Everyplay integration, but it may be the biggest title to release with the service included, so we'll have to see how that goes for both the game and the service. At any rate, if you've been waiting to play Nimble Quest, the wait is almost over. We'll see the game live on the App Store, for free, next week.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free