GarageBand for iOS updated, adds AudioBus support
Apple has pushed out an update for GarageBand for iOS. The version 1.4 update brings a number of enhancements to GarageBand for iOS, most notably support for playing and recording audio routed through the third-party app AudioBus.
AudioBus is an iOS app that allows users to route various music apps through it. The makers of AudioBus liken it to a "virtual cable" that connects separate audio apps together.
The full list of enhancements to GarageBand in this update include:
• Play and record music apps supported by Audiobus directly into GarageBand*
• Turn off grid snapping to get finer control over region and note editing
• Fixes an issue that resulted in feedback while connecting third-party audio accessories into the headphone / microphone jack
* Requires iPhone 4S, iPod touch (fifth generation), iPad 2 or later. Audiobus requires a separate purchase.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync