GarageBand for iOS updated, adds AudioBus support
Apple has pushed out an update for GarageBand for iOS. The version 1.4 update brings a number of enhancements to GarageBand for iOS, most notably support for playing and recording audio routed through the third-party app AudioBus.
AudioBus is an iOS app that allows users to route various music apps through it. The makers of AudioBus liken it to a "virtual cable" that connects separate audio apps together.
The full list of enhancements to GarageBand in this update include:
• Play and record music apps supported by Audiobus directly into GarageBand*
• Turn off grid snapping to get finer control over region and note editing
• Fixes an issue that resulted in feedback while connecting third-party audio accessories into the headphone / microphone jack
* Requires iPhone 4S, iPod touch (fifth generation), iPad 2 or later. Audiobus requires a separate purchase.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter