Latest iOS update blocks Evasi0n jailbreak
Jailbreakers will take note that iOS 6.1.3, released yesterday, blocks the Evasi0n jailbreak. The Evasi0n jailbreak is the most popular one to date, according to Forbes, which reports that it has been used to jailbreak 18 million iOS devices in the six weeks since its launch.
Ironically enough, even though iOS 6.1.3 blocks the Evasi0n jailbreak, Apple thanked the Evasi0n team in security notes accompanying the upgrade. The people behind Evasi0n say that they probably will not release another jailbreak until the next major release of iOS. What that means for potential jailbreakers is that if you want to jailbreak your iPhone you cannot upgrade past iOS 6.1.2. If you do you'll lose the ability to jailbreak your device until the next major release of iOS.
Jailbreakers will take note that iOS 6.1.3, released yesterday, blocks the Evasi0n jailbreak. The Evasi0n jailbreak is the most...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update