Apple updates Podcasts app to version 1.2 (Updated)
Apple's homegrown Podcasts app (free) received an update today to version 1.2, with a few new features as well as some of the famous "additional performance and stability improvements" the company is known for.
Per the release notes, Podcasts 1.2 allows users to create custom stations of their favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes and choose whether the stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. Those stations are stored in iCloud, so they're synced across all devices.
Listeners can create On-The-Go playlists on their iOS devices with their own list of episodes, and the Now Playing view has been redesigned with playback controls that Apple says are easier to use.
Update: Our very own Mike Rose notes that the Podcasts app also lost the skeuomorphic tape reels of the original version. The new UI is visible in the screenshot below. Somewhere, Scott Forstall is quietly weeping...
One of the fixes built into version 1.2 addresses an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app. The update should be listed in your Updates list now or in the very near future.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time