Chevrolet Sonic TV ad features Siri eyes-free integration
Ad agency McCann Erickson has created a 30-second TV spot featuring Apple's Siri eyes-free and hands-free integration in the new Chevrolet Sonic.
The spot features an actress -- inexplicably driving in circles inside a building -- using "the button to end all buttons" to ask Siri to read an incoming message and tell a bad joke. The soundtrack is reminiscent of the simple piano music and voices used in a number of Apple ads in the recent past, so it's obvious that McCann Erickson and client Chevrolet wanted to link Siri and Sonic in the minds of viewers.
Honda is expected to add Siri Eyes Free mode as an option on this year's Accord, as well as to the RDX and ILX models under the Acura brand. Chrysler, Hyundai, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Audi were all touted by Apple as being partners in the Siri Eyes Free program at its introduction with iOS 6 last year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options