BBC News app hits version 2.0
The BBC has updated their BBC News iOS app to version 2.0. The much needed update fixes a number of annoying bug issues, including an issue where readers would sometimes see duplicate stories next to each other. As for the new features of BBC News 2.0, the app now has a number of UI tweaks to make discovering and viewing news easier. Users will see larger images with stories and now have the ability to pull the news feed down to refresh it – a welcome change since users are used to refreshing feeds in other apps in a similar manner.
The 2.0 update also sees a new portrait mode for the iPad app in the ability to edit, organize, or remove news categories. The full release notes are below:
- A new portrait view for iPad to allow you to view more stories. We've also added an edit button so you can add, remove or re-order categories of stories to suit your interests
- Changes to the iPhone home screen to include larger images with stories
- Pull down to refresh the home screen or stories so you're always up to date with the latest news
- Better integration for sharing with Facebook and Twitter
- Much improved integration with VoiceOver
BBC News for iOS is a free download.
The BBC has updated their BBC News iOS app to version 2.0. The much needed update fixes a number of annoying bug issues, including an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station