Chinese animation studio sues Apple
Shanghai Animation Film Studio (SAFS) has sued Apple for what it claims are apps containing unlicensed versions of its work in the App Store (Google translation). The group is after 3.3 million yuan (about US$530,000 as of this writing) in compensation. SAFS claims that 110 examples of its work appear unlicensed in the App Store.
A Chinese court has allegedly accepted the case, but no dates have been set.
[Via M.I.C. Gadget]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter