Chinese animation studio sues Apple
Shanghai Animation Film Studio (SAFS) has sued Apple for what it claims are apps containing unlicensed versions of its work in the App Store (Google translation). The group is after 3.3 million yuan (about US$530,000 as of this writing) in compensation. SAFS claims that 110 examples of its work appear unlicensed in the App Store.
A Chinese court has allegedly accepted the case, but no dates have been set.
[Via M.I.C. Gadget]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration