Apple alters Chinese warranties after several weeks of controversy
A letter from Tim Cook, posted on Apple's website, apologized for any confusion caused among Chinese users. Cook said Apple is implementing four major adjustments to its warranty policy in China in an effort to improve service. These changes are:
- A new repair policy for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, where phones will be replaced instead of repaired in certain situations. China claimed Apple had an inferior replacement policy there compared with other countries.
- Chinese consumers can easily see Apple's maintenance and warranty policies on its website.
- Better training for third-party Apple Authorized Service Providers.
- Improved means of contacting Apple feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station