Apple alters Chinese warranties after several weeks of controversy
A letter from Tim Cook, posted on Apple's website, apologized for any confusion caused among Chinese users. Cook said Apple is implementing four major adjustments to its warranty policy in China in an effort to improve service. These changes are:
- A new repair policy for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, where phones will be replaced instead of repaired in certain situations. China claimed Apple had an inferior replacement policy there compared with other countries.
- Chinese consumers can easily see Apple's maintenance and warranty policies on its website.
- Better training for third-party Apple Authorized Service Providers.
- Improved means of contacting Apple feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter