Apple alters Chinese warranties after several weeks of controversy
A letter from Tim Cook, posted on Apple's website, apologized for any confusion caused among Chinese users. Cook said Apple is implementing four major adjustments to its warranty policy in China in an effort to improve service. These changes are:
- A new repair policy for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, where phones will be replaced instead of repaired in certain situations. China claimed Apple had an inferior replacement policy there compared with other countries.
- Chinese consumers can easily see Apple's maintenance and warranty policies on its website.
- Better training for third-party Apple Authorized Service Providers.
- Improved means of contacting Apple feedback.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs