RunKeeper for iPad: The next revolution in running
RunKeeper (free) is a favorite of all of the marathon runners and Tour de France cyclists here at TUAW. The app is now available in a new, convenient larger size, as the developers have released RunKeeper for iPad (free).
Jason Jacobs of RunKeeper told TUAW that "many RunKeeper users found the iPhone screen to be too small to get all of their important real-time fitness information in one convenient place." The new app, which only runs on the 9.7-inch iPad with Retina display, has a much larger map display and new functionality that "couldn't be added to the original iPhone app."
The following video from RunKeeper shows the new capabilities in detail, including measuring and tracking your weight or assembling a healthy meal. The new app is available immediately for download in the App Store.
(As if it wasn't obvious already, this is an April Fool's joke by the folks at RunKeeper. Please don't actually take your iPad running.)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free