Injustice: Gods Among Us gets an original iOS version
Injustice: Gods Among Us is a game that's been coming to consoles for a while now -- it's a fighting game, made by the same team behind Mortal Kombat, that features DC Universe superheroes battling it out against each other. The team has released an iOS version of the game, and while it's not exactly the same as the console titles, as you can see above, it looks pretty darn good anyway. This version is being made by the same division of NetherRealm that made Batman: Arkham City Lockdown for Apple's devices, and just like that "port," this game goes above and beyond the call of just creating a mobile-sized version of its console brothers.
For one thing, the iOS version of Injustice will have three-on-three battles. You can see the interface for choosing a team and fighting in this IGN video -- you'll pick three heroes to fight with, and then attack back and forth by swiping various gestures across the screen. The graphics aren't exactly as cool as the console versions, but it looks like some of the same models are in use, and each hero comes with three levels of super moves, and can even be leveled up for higher hitpoints and damage.
The port looks very impressive indeed. I don't know if it'll be quite as good as the console game is looking, but it's clear NetherRealm isn't skimping on the quality when making an iOS version, and that's great to see. If you want to check the game out, you can download it for free right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update