Microsoft SkyDrive 3.0 update finally makes it into the App Store
In December of 2012, we reported on how Apple was delaying updates to Microsoft's SkyDrive iOS app over a dispute on whether or not Apple should receive its customary 30 percent cut on storage plans purchased through the app. Well, apparently the bickering couple has kissed and made up, as the SkyDrive 3.0 update is now available in the App Store.
So what's in the long-awaited update? A lot. Microsoft updated the app to support the iPad mini and the iPhone 5. It's now possible to download full-resolution photos to your iOS device. And the Redmond kids have improved support for opening SkyDrive files in other iOS apps as well as for uploading files to SkyDrive from those other apps.
Microsoft also adds that app icons and visuals have been updated, and other bug fixes finally made it to the patient throngs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs