Microsoft SkyDrive 3.0 update finally makes it into the App Store
In December of 2012, we reported on how Apple was delaying updates to Microsoft's SkyDrive iOS app over a dispute on whether or not Apple should receive its customary 30 percent cut on storage plans purchased through the app. Well, apparently the bickering couple has kissed and made up, as the SkyDrive 3.0 update is now available in the App Store.
So what's in the long-awaited update? A lot. Microsoft updated the app to support the iPad mini and the iPhone 5. It's now possible to download full-resolution photos to your iOS device. And the Redmond kids have improved support for opening SkyDrive files in other iOS apps as well as for uploading files to SkyDrive from those other apps.
Microsoft also adds that app icons and visuals have been updated, and other bug fixes finally made it to the patient throngs.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter