Apple adds age rating icon to iOS App Store descriptions
As noticed by AppleInsider, Apple has started highlighting the age ratings of apps in the iOS App Store. The age rating of an app now appears directly underneath the name and developer of an app in the app preview screen. It'll be one of the first pieces of information that a user will see when they look at an app. Earlier the age rating was at the bottom of an app's listing on the iOS version of the App Store (seen below).
Most iOS users won't care about the age rating of an app, but it is very helpful for parents. The age rating allows you to use parental controls to restrict apps that your child can access. If you don't use parental controls, it'll give you a quick glimpse at the targeted age for an app and let you decide if its appropriate for your child.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options