Twitter iOS app updated to allow installation, launching of apps from tweets
Twitter updated its iOS app to version 5.5 and added support for its Twitter Cards feature. Twitter Cards let developers and content creators attach media and links to Tweets. In the iOS app, it'll let users tap a link in a tweet and view content directly in an app that is installed on their iOS device. If an app is not installed, users can launch and install an app directly from a link within a tweet.
Besides Cards, the latest Twitter for iOS app also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Faster launch times and general performance upgrades
- "Retweeted by" in Tweet detail is now tappable
- Fix for reply-to-self in conversations
- Fix for bug that prevented undoing retweets in some cases
You can download Twitter for iOS for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options