Talkcast preview: Dolly Drive and backups and Kelly and...you?
I know, it's weird to see a sneak peek of the talkcast, but this week it's a Very Special Talkcast. We'll be chatting with the Dolly Drive folks about backups and cloud syncing and what it all means for users and their data.
You may have noticed a couple of our staffers have been known to bang the backup drum, and that's because it's super important to make sure you have another copy of your data someplace. It's our way of looking out for you, the technological equivalent of reminding you to put your coat on before you leave the house.
I'd go on more, but the Dolly Drive Blog has a very nice writeup themselves, and I don't have a lot to add to it except that you should join us Sunday evening (7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern) for the live show. We will be discussing backups and clouds and syncs. A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what have yous...
Here's the bit I can tell you about the Talkcast: Dolly Drive has graciously agreed to give away permanent free accounts to some listeners! "But Kelly!", you may be saying, "I'm not listening NOW, I'm reading!" Excellent point, Dear Reader. Knowing full well that the W in our name is for Weblog, not Webcast, Dolly Drive has also reserved two permanent 50 GB Lifetime accounts to give away to our fabulous readers! We will inform the winners on Sunday evening, after 9pm Pacific/Midnight Eastern, along with the winners of our talkcast giveaways. As with all the things we give away on the site, we have a few rules that we have to point out, so here's the fine print:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before April 7, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected and each will receive a permanent lifetime 50 GB Dolly Drive account valued at $42USD/yr
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature