US Patent Office withdraws primary objections to 'iPad mini' trademark application
As noted by MacRumors, The US Patent Office has withdrawn primary objections to Apple's "iPad Mini" trademark application. The primary objections were raised last month when the USPTO deemed elements related to the "iPad mini" name as descriptive instead of contributing a unique name to a product.
But now a published office action letter from the USPTO confirms the objection has been withdrawn. It appears Apple will be granted a trademark on the "iPad mini" name as long as no other entities are found to have the name trademarks and provided Apple only seeks to protect the term "mini" when it is used with "iPad" before it and not as a trademarked term in its own right.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs