US Patent Office withdraws primary objections to 'iPad mini' trademark application
As noted by MacRumors, The US Patent Office has withdrawn primary objections to Apple's "iPad Mini" trademark application. The primary objections were raised last month when the USPTO deemed elements related to the "iPad mini" name as descriptive instead of contributing a unique name to a product.
But now a published office action letter from the USPTO confirms the objection has been withdrawn. It appears Apple will be granted a trademark on the "iPad mini" name as long as no other entities are found to have the name trademarks and provided Apple only seeks to protect the term "mini" when it is used with "iPad" before it and not as a trademarked term in its own right.
As noted by MacRumors, The US Patent Office has withdrawn primary objections to Apple's "iPad Mini" trademark application. The primary...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs