Payback 2 goes free-to-play
Payback 2 arrived on the App Store late last year. It's the sequel to a game called Payback that was sort of a Grand Theft Auto for iOS (before Grand Theft Auto for iOS was actually released). Payback 2 added online multiplayer and a new "custom mode," and as of today, it has gone free-to-play, which means you can now pick it up for zero dollars.
The game's seen plenty of updates since its initial release. Just recently, the controls were tuned up, and plenty of bugs have been fixed and extra options added in. By going free, the dev tells us, Payback 2 should attract an influx of new players, which means the multiplayer modes should be well-populated and ready to go. If you haven't given Payback 2 a try, now's the best time to do it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows